Our friends over at Touchwood Mushrooms in Denmark, WA recently wrote an article on how to the owners Graham & daughter Cat along with husband Duncan & mum Lee like to prepare a delicious Medicinal Mushroom Cacao with their incredible medicinal mushroom products with our magical Ceremonial Cacao.
Touchwood have been preparing medicinal mushrooms for well over 40 years, which means that they really know their stuff and produce amazing products. We have been mixing up some powerful brews lately with our Ceremonial Cacao and this is what we want to share with you today.
Check out the recipe below and here are a few quotes from the article that attest to the power of Touchwood medicinal mushrooms and Sacred Earth Medicine Ceremonial Cacao.
“The Ceremonial Cacao is a special treat. Not only does it taste great, Cat finds it helps her focus and creativity. Sourced in Peru, Sacred Earth Cacao is ethically, sustainably and bio-dynamically sourced from a family run farm located in a powerful valley microclimate nestled between the Andes and the Amazon basin."
"Each morning, Cat mixes Ceremonial Cacao with oat milk and hot water. She adds a teaspoon of Lion’s Mane and Reishi mushrooms and tries to take a moment out of her busy day to enjoy this restorative blend.”
So here's how we like our Medicinal Mushroom Cacao...
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 heaped tablespoons of Ceremonial Cacao
- 50ml just boiled water
- 150ml - 250ml of your favourite nut milk (depending on the desired thickness)
- 2 teaspoons of Touchwood Lion's Mane, or Reishi or 6 Blend Medicinal Mushrooms
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of Honey (to taste)
- A good squeeze of lime juice or 3-4 drops of lime essential oil
- Grind, grate or shave enough Ceremonial Cacao to make 4 heaped tablespoons. Either cut block up into small chunks and grind in food processor, grate using a grater or shave with a sharp knife.
- Combine ground cacao with powdered mushrooms and mix well.
- Add about 10mls of just boiled water to your cacao mushroom mix and stir a little to make a thick paste. Keep on adding a few more mls of water and stirring (do this another 3-4 times) until your mixture is thick and delicious.
- Add in nut milk to desired thickness.
- Add in up to 2 tablespoons of honey or your favourite sweetener. Honey works well with this one!
- Top off with a good squeeze of lime, or lime essential oil for a little extra zing!
- Drink & enjoy!
Spice this brew up a bit by adding essential oils (two to four drops depending on the oil), spices such as cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, cayenne, cardamon etc. & even a little rose water for extra heart opening.
Our Favourite Shrooms
Reishi: Known as the Herb of Immortality, Reishi mushrooms have been used for centuries to stimulate the immune system, fight fatigue and lower stress. They may also support your body against cancer.
Lion's Mane: can actually repair and regenerate neurons. It is also helpful for memory, concentration, depression and anxiety.
Touchwood 6 Blend: includes Cordyceps, Chaga, Maitake, Reishi, Turkey Tail & Lion's Mane. This blend will work for you all day long to boost energy and immunity, support gut health and improve your cognitive functioning.
For more information about Touchwood's medicinal mushrooms, see their blog.