Spring Equinox Cacao & Cleansing Water Ritual
Spring often brings with it the energy and desire to cleanse and ‘spring clean’ - not only our physical space but our mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual bodies too.
After the winter months where energy can become stagnant, this time of the year is the perfect opportunity to clear old energy, habits and unhealthy thought patterns that may have become stuck – and what better way than combine the purifying qualities of water with the heart activating properties of cacao to clear away the old and make space for the new!
Things you will need for the ritual:
- Ceremonial Cacao already prepared
- Foot bath + towel
- Magnesium salts (or epsom salts
- Dried or fresh flower petals (rose, lavender etc) to symbolise the spring energy
- Journal and pen
First, carve out some time for your ritual when you know you won’t be disturbed and start by intentionally preparing your cacao. As you do this, start to reflect on what may be feeling stuck and what you’d like to clear away.
You may choose to create a special spring altar honouring this sacred time of the cycle – or simply cleanse your altar with sage (or your favourite smudge blend) to set the scene for purifying the space. Then create sacred space in whichever way you like to.
Next, prepare the foot bath by filling it with warm water, the magnesium salts (these can have a calming and detoxifying effect) and flowers.
Take a few deep breaths to ensure you’re completely present and then place your feet in the bath, allowing the warm water and bath salts to work their magic. Spend some time here imagining the cleansing water symbolically washing away where your feet have walked in the past, and any energy that’s stuck and stopping you from moving forward in your life and manifesting your intentions.
After a while (trust your own intuition here) take up the mug of cacao and first breathe it in – now start to feel into what it is you are calling in.
Mindfully drink your ceremonial cacao, letting your heart blossom open as you imagine and visualise all that you desire coming into easeful fruition. Spend some time in gratitude for the gifts and blessings of the Spring and new life.
Once complete, towel off your feet and perhaps journal any reflections of insights received. If possible, offer the foot bath water back to Mother Earth.
Other simple ways you can connect with the energy at this time
- Brew your favourite delicious cacao concoction and take it with you for a nature walk. Sip it mindfully as you take in the blossoming beauty of spring growth around you, giving thanks as you do for all that abundance that Mother Earth offers so generously.
- Plant seeds! Spring is a great time to grow things so why not harness this budding energy to grow herbs, flowers, or vegetables. Even if all you have space for is a pot on a windowsill, there is something so magical about growing something from seed and watching it bloom. You can even offer your intentions into the seeds before you plant them and see them blossom too!
- Create an altar purely devoted to the season of Spring: Find a space in your home (or perhaps even outside), clear away any clutter and cleanse the space thoroughly. Next, gather items that represent Spring for you and intuitively arrange these items - maybe including a candle, flowers, or anything else sacred to you. For a simple daily practice, make yourself a ceremonial brew of cacao and take some time to sit at your altar. As you intentionally drink your cacao, welcome in - rebirth, healing, growth and all that Spring means for you!
Sending you our love! May this time of the Equinox offer you the blessings and gifts of rebirth, balance, resurrection, and inner union.